|Wednesday, December 30th, 2009|
3:55 pm - ...and yes...
Also forgot to mention that after about a year or 2 of never paying any attention to Twitter and not seeing any point in it, I've finally joined. And now I'm a fervent Tweeter. So what caused the change of heart? Mai waifu, Milla Jovovich.|
I'd heard on some site that she joined to drum up publicity for the new RE: Afterlife that was being filmed at the time (they just finished earlier this month). I think I joined within the first week or 2. So now I follow some OB folks, some of the con folks I'm familiar with, my Chicago buddies and few celebs including:
- Cassandra Calogera (porn)
- Brent Spiner (Lt. Cmdr Data from ST:TNG)
- David Faustino (Bud Bundy from Married...with Children)
- Kevin Sorbo (Hercules from Hercules: The Legendary Journeys)
- Melissa Joan Hart (Clarissa from Clarissa Explains It All)
- Fran Drescher (Comedienne)
- Kathy Najimy (Comedienne)
- Jared Padalecki (Sam from Supernatural)
- Lindsay Lohan
- Paris Hilton
- Levar Burton (Geordi LaForge from ST:TNG)
- Wil Wheaton (Wesley Crusher from ST:TNG)
- Milla Jovovich
...plus some others. But for now, I've gotta go.
Post from mobile portal m.livejournal.com
...of this, I refer of course to the year. It's completely breezed by. So fast that I can almost remember what I was doing at the beginning of the year. ALMOST.|
I know it's been a LONG time since I've posted anything. That's because I told myself that I wouldn't post until I had something good to say that was happening in my life. There still isn't but it's been too long since I've posted an honest-to-God entry.
Anyway - this year hasn't been too great, so I'll try to summarize everything that's happened.
- Now on my 3rd job for the year
- Finally found the local AltLifer scene
- Went on my 1st real road trip: ACen
- Could only afford to go to 2 cons this year: Katsu & ACen
-Finally got beyond a 1st date
-Paid half of my debtors
I guess that's all I can think of right now. I'm currently trying to come up with zany plans to get to LA ASAP. I'm getting really burnt out being here. It really makes me feel like I'm just running in place...like Alice in Through the Looking Glass. Well, "Hey, Mon! Gotta go to work!"
Post from mobile portal m.livejournal.com
current mood: blah
|Saturday, July 25th, 2009|
12:37 am - Lessee...
|Tuesday, July 7th, 2009|
7:01 pm - Guess the Song
Step 1: Put your MP3 player or whatever on random.|
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 50 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Italicize the songs when someone guesses correctly.
Step 5: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING!
01) Far away/This ship is taking me far away
02) Maybe I'm wrong, you decide/Should've been strong, yeah, I lied; Miranda Cosgrove - About You Now
03) Me and my friends get no respect/What does Scooby do that we neglect?
04) Your empty walls/Your empty walls/Pretentious attention/Dismissive apprehension
05) I've been waiting on the slide/Suggest I open wide
06) In a place you only dream of/Where your soul is always free
07) Its 1986, I'm in the first grade/I'm workin' really hard to get Mario laid
08) I'm just a regular Joe with a regular job/I'm your average white suburbanite slob; Denis Leary - Asshole
09) Maiagare/junpaku no kumo o miorosu/haruka na sora made
10) You sit there in your heartache/Waiting on some beautiful boy to
11) My friend drove off the other day/Now he's gone and all they say
12) You're giving me too many things/Lately you're all I need; Utada Hikaru - Simple and Clean
13) Back in the mud I've been in/I confess, I'm so happy here
14) I wrote her off for the tenth time today/I practiced all the things I would say; The Offspring - Self Esteem
15) I don't speak, I'm floating in the air wrapped in a sheet/I'm not a real person, I'm a ghost trapped in a beat
16) Dokomademo tsuduku michi ni wa/Ironna koto arunda ne; Amadori - Soba ni Iru Kara
17) Getting born in the state of Mississippi/Papa was a copper and Mama was a hippie; Red Hot Chili Peppers - Dani California
18) Home home in the late night/and away away in the half-life
19) There's a place called the rainforest that truly sucks ass/let's knock it all down and get rid of it fast
20) DARK fukkaku mihatenu sora yo/tsuki ha ookina kizuato darou
21) I got a nickname for all my guns/a Desert Eagle that I call "Big Pun"
22) You think that we connect/That the chemistrys correct; No Doubt - Spiderwebs
23) Old Godzilla was hopping around/Tokyo City like a big playground; Lemon Demon - The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny
24) Oh, my life is changing everyday/In every possible way; The Cranberries - Dreams
25) The Devil went down to Georgia/He was looking for a soul to steal; The Charlie Daniels Band - The Devil Went Down to Georgia
26) Say say my playmate/won't you lay hands on me
27) I was lying on the grass on Sunday morning of last week/indulging in my self-defeat; Len - Steal My Sunshine
28) No more waiting on them/as you rise inside new rooms
29) Todoketai tododokanai komo omi o/Karamawari shita mama no boku no jounetsu; Cloud - VOICE
30) I am an anti-christ/I am an anarchist; The Sex Pistols - Anarchy in the UK
31) I backed my car into a cop car the other day/Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok; Modest Mouse - Float On
32) Vi undrarar ni redo alt vara med/Armarna upp nu ska ni fa se
33) I don't mind you coming here/and wasting all my time; The Cars - Just What I Needed
34) Daitai itsumo doori ni/Sono kado wo magareba; Aluto - Michi~ To You All
35) How many mics do we rip on the daily/ Say me say many money, say me say many many many
36) New blood joins this earth/And quickly he's subdued
37) It's like the grand finale/We coming through with the Madden family
38) There are times every now and then/I forget why I'm breathing out and why I'm breathing in
39) It's like/One day you found a treasure in childhood/Tried sharing that pleasure but no one would listen
40) I fly like paper, get high like planes/If you catch me at the border, I got visas in my name; M.I.A. - Paper Planes
41) Atsuku nare yume mita ashita o/Kanarazu itsuka tsukamaeru
42) boku ha no subete wo inochigake demo hoshii/hoka no iikata wa nai mune ga jin jin furue
43) Les rêves des amoureux sont comm’(e) le bon vin/Ils donn(ent) de la joie ou bien du chagrin
44) I'm American made, Bud Light, Chevrolet/My momma taught me wrong from right
45) Rolling around at the speed of sound/Got places to go, gotta follow my rainbow
46) Day after day your home life's a wreck/The powers that be just breathe down your neck; The Offspring - All I Want
47) Mita ka kitta ka doko ka de kitta ka?/ Ore ra Buddha to Inoue Santa
48) Wake up kids/We've got the dreamers disease/Age 14 we got you down on your knees; The New Radicals - You Get What You Give
49) Desperate for changing/Starving for truth/I'm closer to where I started/Chasing after you; Lifehouse - Hanging By a Moment
50) Well just because she feeds me well/And she made me talk dirty in a pink hotel
|Thursday, June 11th, 2009|
12:25 am - What Say Ye?
|Wednesday, April 15th, 2009|
11:43 am - A Perk
One of the "benefits" of driving around all day is that I get to hear all the gossip that I usually miss out on. Today, I heard about two celebs I like a lot. The first was that Lindsay Lohan had put out an EHarmony profile video. Naturally, I was in complete shock & awe and wanted to find out how true it was. Unfortunately, it turned out to be just a joke vid (it was pretty funny, though).
The second was that Ashley Tisdale split from her BF (YAY!!). I've always had a thing for her, and it was just exacerbated when I read in Cosmo a couple of weeks ago that she's pretty mean at Rainbow Six.
Also, I forgot to mention that I finally got around to seeing Juno about last month or so. I'd been putting it off since I saw Ellen Page in Hard Candy, and that was just the absolute scariest film ever to me. I was pleasantly surprised by it, but the very, very end disappointed me - the part where she's riding the bike. I totally wasn't expecting that.
|Monday, April 13th, 2009|
2:20 am - The World's-a-Turnin
Stuff still isn't going too bad. I've started my job as a cabbie as of Wednesday. So far, I'm loving it. I haven't loved a job this much since I was a bike messenger. It's kind of weird since I don't really have any spare time anymore, but at the same time, I have more social time and whatnot. I'm still planning on going to ACen, but right now, I'm in dire need of getting some roommates. At the same time, I haven't really put any effort into locating some. Silly me, right?
I went out to see Dragon Ball Evolution today. It was far more entertaining and accurate than I expected it to be. Mind you, it wasn't panel-for-panel straight from the manga/anime, but there were a lot of nods to the original story, such as Goku turning into Oozaru in the presence of the moon (slightly different moon, though), Goku's inital training regimen under Roshi, Bulma being a genius & much of the brains of Capsule Corp, Muten Roshi (yes - MUTEN) being pervy (though toned-down a bit), Bulma & Yamcha's romance, Chi-Chi living in a castle, and Grampa Gohan's house being in the middle of nowhere.
OH - I almost forgot to mention! Supernatural had the GREATEST episode last week. For those that don't know, Supernatural is the show the comes on right after Smallville on The CW. It's about a pair of brothers - Sam and Dean Winchester, that hunt and erradicate the evil supernatural things that bother us, whether they be demons, poltergeists, wendigos, shape-shifters, whatever. So anyway, last week, they found out that their adventures had been published as books. Well, anyway - thus followed one of the funniest (and unfortunately truthful) scenes I've ever seen on TV:
|Tuesday, April 7th, 2009|
3:50 pm - Later is better than never
Sorry about the vagueness of my last entry. I was just venting out a bit of frustration over a recent event. It was no matter, as it actually ended up working in my favor. It wasn't a huge favor, but one nonetheless. Not too long after that happened, I was watching an episode of Smallville
, and Chloe said an amazing quote that just hit home for me:
"You can't become who you want to be if you're looking over your shoulder at what could've been."
So, I'm now trying not to let my failures of the past influence me too much. Of course, this is not something I can do overnight, but I'm making some progress. Last week or so, I joined yet another site called FetLife. So far, I've only come across one person that I know there, and even that person I don't know too well. I've been pretty busy on there lately.
I've also got to give it to Kishimoto-san. Naruto
has started this year with a monstrous bang. Absolutely incredible so far. And it's a bit sad that I've finished the Whistle!
anime already. I loved every bit of it of it. It was very heartwarming and inspiring, which was something I was needing right now.
current mood: calm
|Monday, March 23rd, 2009|
10:06 pm - THIS IS WHY I CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.
You know, I WAS going to post about how things were starting to finally go great for me until the PTB once again had to step in and mess everything up again. No, the PTB didn't do anything. It must have been that all the positive feelings I was having were so good that they came back around to become negative (don't blame me for this theory - this is what YOU all say). So anyway, I once again have to be overly cautious about everything and have to approach everything like Batman - with a backup plan of my backup plan's backup plan.
F--- you, life.
current mood: cold
|Thursday, February 26th, 2009|
11:15 pm - WTF?!?!
Wait...there's going to be a live action version of WHAT?!|
current mood: excited
|Monday, February 23rd, 2009|
11:04 pm - 25 Things From FB
I got this from FB, and it took me so long to do, I figured why not share the wealth?|
Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to "notes" under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)
1) I absolutely HATE reflective surfaces because I don't like having to look at myself. This is one of the reasons I'm reconsidering screen acting as a future career.
2) Out of the many types I've heard, the only type of music that completely burns my ears is R&B.
3) Believe it or not, just about every major issue or fallout I've ever had with other people was directly related to my being single.
4) Even though I might talk about myself a lot, I don't really talk about my life or past because it turns depressing very quickly.
5) I've always had a huge thing for stuffed dolls/animals. I used to have so many when I was 13 that I couldn't fit into my bed. And then my step-dad made me throw them away (including drawstring versions of Steve Urkel, Pee Wee Herman, and a spinning-head Beetlejuice). Yeah...you don't want me anywhere near the Build-a-Bear stores.
6) Despite all the craziness I AM into, homoerotica of any kind doesn't interest me - whether it's m/m OR w/w.
7) ...and I'm one of the even fewer [straight] guys that prefers mwm to wmw.
8) I do happen to get jealous - but only if I'm left out or have not had the same experience. Therefore, I think I'd be fine in an open relationship. This is also the reason why I'm currently not too keen about things like like 2/14, PDA, and dances.
9) If we were friends, but somebody left and we lost touch - we're still just as tight as we were before in my book.
10) I consider my closest friends those that I've either seen naked or played dirty games with. But just because either might happen doesn't automatically mean we're best friends.
11) Because I don't drink, smoke, or swear, a lot of people mistakenly assume that I'm boring or straightedge. Definitely not the case - I'm wilder than most people I know. Alcohol just tastes horrible to me, cigarettes & pot make me nauseous, and most adults in my life didn't start using profanity until I was a teenager so it just sounds weird to me.
12) I say I don't drink, but a more accurate statement is that I rarely drink. As a rule, I generally don't unless nudity might be involved. Of course there is the occasional exception, but when it's all added up, it really only comes out to anywhere between 0-2 times a year.
13) The only time I use profanity is when it's either a direct quote, or I'm pretending to be somebody else. That's because they're not my words so it doesn't sound as weird to me.
14) Actually, I have "dated" 3 people. The first was a childhood crush at 13. It started off as a LD relationship. 6 hours after we re-met in person, she dumped me for unknown reasons and has hated me ever since. The second was another LD relationship over the internet at about 14. We just kind of lost touch. The last one was spring of senior year in HS. We went out for about a month (and saw each other once), and when I told her I'd stick around MD to be with her rather than go off to Chicago, she broke up with me. A little over 6 months later, she was engaged to some guy in the military and had forgotten all about me. But anyone were ask them anything about me, they'd either not remember me or deny anything, therefore, "nope - haven't dated."
15) I've had no problem with the idea of crossplay/dress ever since I did it once in a truth or dare game at 13. Unlike a lot of people that might do it because it turns them on, I only think of it as something fun to do. I wouldn't dress like in a full-on Disney princess gown or anything like that, though - maybe a schoolgirl outfit or whatever, and most likely not in public (excepting cons, of course).
16) I am a very good liar. So good in fact, that I'm better at coming up with new ones to back up the original than at remembering the actual truth. However, I choose not to lie.
17) I like to hear the stories & experiences of other peoples' lives. For a long time, I considered becoming a psychologist/psychiatrist for this reason.
18) One of the main reasons I have a hard time approaching people is because I've always had a hard time reading body language and social cues (Asperger's alert?). Because of this, when I was younger, I would spend more time around people than they preferred, and since it's "improper" to tell people to go away, I was clueless about it therefore creating more enemies. Now I tend more to approach late, and leave early.
19) Since I turned 21, I've only ever bought alcohol once. While on a cruise stop in Mexico in '06, I bought a bottle of Corona to take a picture with on the beach. When I was unsuccessful at giving it away to my mom & grandmother, I just left it on top of a trash can for anyone to take.
20) I was admitted into the mental ward of a hospital for about 5 days once on suspicion of suicide. Unlike most people that have been admitted, I loved my time there. The only reason I left was due to school. If it had happened a week later, I probably would have elected to stay an extra week or two.
21) I like to work. Even if I was unbelievably rich and never had to, I would still be looking for jobs.
22) Because I spent a lot of time by myself when I was younger, I picked up the bad habit of having full conversations with myself. I still do this sometimes when I'm really deep in thought and trying to work out a solution.
23) Since I've been through a lot socially, I've become most likely the most open-minded person anyone would ever meet in their lifetime. It's next to impossible to offend me or make me not want to be friends with somebody no matter what they may have done or said.
24) I have absolutely no interest in ever buying a house. The only way I'd ever agree to it is if I would be able to both: pay the full price out of pocket AND be able to hire a gardener.
25) I only have 3 phobias - aeroacrophobia (high open spaces, like ladders or roofs), cleithrophobia (locked enclosed spaces, like coffins), and pnigophobia (choking/suffocation). All of which give me anxiety attacks when exposed to them.
...wow...this seriously took me about 2 weeks to do.
current mood: blank
|Sunday, February 1st, 2009|
9:50 pm - Super Bowl Awesomeness
I don't really care about it this year since the Giants didn't make it. I have no interest in the Steelers (especially without The Bus
), and the Cardinals have been, currently are, and always will be lame to me (but they get props for kicking the Ravens out of the Playoffs). However, I have mainly been watching just to see the new commercials and so far, only 2 are my favs this year:
Hey - guess what, CareerBuilder? It's time.
Dude - this promo ad for Heroes has SO much awesome written all over it!
current mood: geeky
|Saturday, January 31st, 2009|
11:24 pm - ...Um...Yeah...
So once again, many days have passed since my last update. I notice that recently, I've been becoming more & more like a hermit (and unfortunately, not the ero kind). I'm beginning to lose interest and/or focus in most things. In fact, not too long ago, I was thinking about how crazy I was feeling, and P.O.D.'s (?) "Last Resort
" popped into my head.* After looking up the lyrics, I realized that the song does in fact reflect my current state of being (which probably proves just how out of it I am). Not only that, but my level of anxiety has been off the chart lately. I feel like I could just up & run off to NYC, Cali, Florida - even Texas at any moment. On a positive side, though - I've already put in my application to become a local cabbie. Potentially with a job like that, I should be able to have some kind of mobility so I won't have to stay here too much longer. Hopefully, I'd even be able to move to Cali or Hawaii like I've wanted to do since I was a little kid. But let's not get ahead of myself - I've got to actually be driving the cab first.
In other news, I don't believe I've officially mentioned it, but I finished Air Gear
at the beginning of this month. For anybody else that's seen it - I honestly can't decide if it had one of the greatest endings ever or the worst cliffhanger ever. What do you think? Also, thanks to Xbox-Netflix
, I've seen the first episode of Air
, but what I've REALLY been watching is Sunabouzu
(aka Desert Punk
). I've also been slipping in some episodes of Gokusen
here & there.
In terms of reading, I've still been keeping up with Naruto
. Thanks to Air Gear
's cliffhanger, I've been buying more volumes of the manga. I also just started reading Highschool of the Dead
- yet another story of the oncoming Zombie Apocalypse
, but this time - manga-ized.
Guess what I saw this morning on Cartoon Network:MORE BEN 10!!!
- and meet the new Ben Tennyson, Ryan Kelley:
I got to play this awesome game for Nintendo Wii last night at X3O. It's called Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes
. Unfortunately, it's only in Japanese. But check it:
AND I just found out that Viewtiful Joe
made it into the game!! So anyway - the game was incredibly fun! So far, my team of choice is Yattaman #1 (from Yattaman
) and Casshern (from Neo-Human Kyashan
). My only complaint so far is that somehow Go Mifune, the main character of Mach Go Go Go
(aka Speed Racer
) didn't seem to make it.
Remember how I was all excited about the Legion of Super Heroes being on Smallville
? Well, it was a pretty awesome episode. They were introduced in the beginning of the episode when the Persuader (of the Fatal Five
) showed up:
What I've mainly been doing with my time is playing 360. I've beaten Fallout 3
, Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit
, Naruto: The Broken Bond
, and Lost: Via Domus
. But my main focus as been (surprisingly) Rock Band 2
. So far, I've got most of (if not all) of the songs from RB2
, all of the [migratable] songs from the original RB
, plus probably around 50+ downloaded songs including:
- Bad to the Bone
by George Thurgood & the Destroyers
- California Uber Alles
by the Dead Kennedys
- Cheeseburger in Paradise
by Jimmy Buffett
- Headphones On
by Miranda Cosgrove
- Mr. Brightside
by The Killers
by The Police
by No Doubt
- Train in Vain (Stand by Me)
by The Clash
Honestly, I'm finding I can't wait for Rock Band Japan
to come out. Hopefully then, I'd be able to see more of the songs that I want to play, like Nightmare's the WORLD
, BACK-ON's Chain
, and Shoko Nakagawa's Sorairo Days
One more thing - the bands. So far, the coolest band name I've seen (besides mine) is XxPLATNUMxOPSxX's Vince and the SHAMWOW's
(not my sic). For those that don't know, this is Vince:
...but anyway, here's who I have so far:
Eikichi Onizuka (Great Teacher Onizuka), Ral (Ral/Grad), Muten Roshi (Dragon Ball), Jiraiya (Naruto)
...I don't really need to name these guys, do I?
The Teen Time Team
Marty McFly (Back to the Future), Bill S. Preston Esq. (Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure), Ted "Theodore" Logan (Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure), Dr. Emmett Brown (Back to the Future II)
Bill S. Preston Esq., Elisabeth (Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey), Ted "Theodore" Logan, Joanna (Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey)
...and last, but not least:
Freshly Baked!! Cosplay
Sofia (aka SolarGirl), Shaun (aka Maj), Ben (aka Takumix), Bob Ross*
Ok - so apparently, it's Papa Roach's song
current mood: accomplished
|Thursday, January 15th, 2009|
7:58 pm - Tonight on Smallville...
Just spotted on the summary for today's episode of Smallville
The aftermath of Doomsday's attack on Chloe and Jimmy's wedding leaves Clark in a shock; the Legion steps in from the future to help; Clark realizes Braniac has taken over Chloe; Chloe informs Davis of his destiny as Doomsday.
See that? "the Legion steps in from the future to help.
" The LEGION
. I heard about some extra heroes showing up, but I assumed it would just be some other Justice Leaguers
, or Titans
, or maybe even some Outsiders
. But not the LEGION. When I first read that summary on the screen, I couldn't help BUT to jump around with glee (FYI - THAT was an "oh, grow up" moment). Ever since I first came across them in the original Crisis on Infinite Earths
a few years ago, I've been completely addicted to reading about more about them and their adventures. For those wondering who I'm blabbering on about, you may have seen them. They had their own show not too long ago:
...but they've actually been around a lot longer than that...
current mood: excited
|Tuesday, January 13th, 2009|
1:28 pm - Mummies Alive!
I forgot how much I loved this show:|
A little boy named Presley found a secret out this year
that he was once a Pharoah when Egyptians ruled the world
and now this sorceror named Scarab tries to get him day and night
but Presley has 4 guardians that protect his very life
HE HAS THE MUMMIES!
From 1525 BC!
HE HAS THE MUMMIES!
Protection for the new Rhapses!
HE HAS THE MUMMIES!
They're hanging by the 'Frisco Bay!
HE HAS THE MUMMIES!
Protectors of the world today, so...
Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah
Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah
HE HAS THE MUMMIES!
From 1525 BC!
HE HAS THE MUMMIES!
Protection for the Pharoah, see!
HE HAS THE MUMMIES!
They're hanging by the Western Gate!
HE HAS THE MUMMIES!
They're gonna save the world today,
the Egyptian way
the MUMMIES ALIVE!
current mood: amused
11:55 am - Forever & A Half
Yeah - it's been quite a while since I've updated anything. I've been writing a few entries, but in paper form and have yet to upload them. Right now, I'm kinda sick, so I'm taking the day off from work. Usually, I go stoic when I am, but in my job where I'm talking to people all day, I can't work when my throat is sore. Therefore, day off. I'm going to try to use my time wisely, though. This could be the perfect timing to gather the paperwork for the cabbie position that I'm looking at. Also, I did manage to get most of the stuff I was hoping for for the holidays:- Air Gear DVD box set
- Darkly Dreaming Dexter
by Jeff Lindsay (aka Dexter
- Dead Until Dark
by Charlaine Harris (aka True Blood
)- Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit (X360)- Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core (PSP)- Naruto: The Broken Bond (X360)
- Nintendo DS: Limited Edition Pokemon Pack
- Speed Grapher
DVD box set
- Speed Racer: Mach Go Go Go
manga box set- Wii Fit (Wii)- Captain America vs Red Skull baseball cap- Gintama Vol. 2- Gun Blaze West Vol. 1- The Punisher MAX Vol. 5: The Slavers
I just rediscovered Netflix through XBL, and that's pretty cool. The first thing I watched was an episode of ProStars
!!!! For anybody that's too young to remember this show, it was a 90's cartoon that put together three of the biggest names in sports (Bo Jackson, Michael Jordan, and Wayne Gretzky), and had them helping kids with various problems:
Yes, it was as bad as you might imagine, but it was HILARIOUSLY bad. And THEN, I somehow came across Wish Kid
episodes, which HAD to be watched. Once again, for those that may be too young to know, Wish Kid
was a cartoon show that came out when Macaulay Culkin was still huge from his Home Alone
days. Why do I mention him? Because he played the main character, Nick McClary, a kid who became the owner of a magic baseball glove. Think Fairly Oddparents
, but older and no fairies:
When did THOSE get put on DVD? What I was also surprised to find was Mummies Alive!
. I'd never met anybody who had ever seen that show. Here's the thing about Mummies Alive!
- I saw this as a teenager. I KNEW it was a bad show. It was one of those low-budget cartoons that came on in the morning. The plotlines were bad, as was the general premise (Pharaoh reincarnates as present-day boy; Sorceror that killed him resurrects to finish the job; and mummy guardians rise to protect boy), and not only that - the dialogue was incredibly cheesy. So why couldn't I stop watching it? Well, the opening theme was catchy, but more than that, the art was pretty good, and therefore, the henshins
were absolutely VICIOUS. For an American series, anyway:
...and last on the list of awesomely bad is the fact that I also managed to find the Fist of the North Star
live action movie on Netflix. Note that for once, I didn't use the Japanese name, Hokuto no Ken
. That's because it was made in America. In '95:
Yeah, it was bad. But it was good, too, surprisingly. For one thing, I have to give props to them for keeping a lot of plot true to the original story. Yeah - some details got messed up (Lynn was blind, Shin killed Ryuken, Jackal looked & acted like Jagi, etc), but there was a lot of accuracy, too (Ken vs Zeed, the Shin/Ken/Julia flashback, Shin's whining to Julia). Not only that, but DANTE BASCO
PLAYED BART!! And that (to me) was a good enough reason to see it.
current mood: sick
|Sunday, December 7th, 2008|
2:24 am - ...Because Sometimes XBL Just Ain't That Bad
Forget this. I just got Left 4 Dead
last week and I can't play it solo anymore. It's not like the game is horrible or anything. In fact, it's far from it. The problem is that the campaigns are INSANELY hard. Or maybe it's because I'm using Advanced mode. Anyway - despite the fact that the CPU support is about as efficient as the CPU support in Gears of War
, there's nothing quite like knowing a flesh-and-blood person has got your back. Besides - I suck at leading in a combat situation. I do much better as support; calmily watching the backs of the poor fellas that decide to take point.
On a side note, Ral/Grad
is officially the second most awesome Shonen Jump title EVER (second only to Hokuto no Ken
, of course)! It was recommended to me by someone in my ATA meetup group back when the series was only in Japanese. It's somewhat of a surprise because [it seems like] many of the manga series that are recommended to me I don't like (the only other exceptions so far being Death Note
and Love Hina
). It began to pique my interest a few pages into the first chapter. Then I started liking it by the second chapter. And then an interchange happened that launched it to a favorite manga - now keep in mind, this is from the [probably watered-down] US Shonen Jump translation:
Ral, our young hero/protagonist, has stopped an invasion and has forced Duofurque, a shadow-minion, to send a message to Opsquria, Queen of Shadows and his new nemesis.
Duofurque: Lady Bira...
Opsquria: What is it, Duofurque? News of Princess Stola?
Duofurque: my, uh, my other half has been captured by, um, Grad's host--a human called Ral--
Duofurque: and...um...that is to say, um...
Opsquria Spit it out.
Duofurque: Ral sends a message to you...
Opsquria: Oh? That is intriguing. What is the message?
Duofurque: Please understand that my other half is under duress...on our own, we would never presume to--
Opsquria: SPIT IT OUT!
Duofurque: A-hem. He says, "Opsquria, Queen of Darkness, I am on my way, and when I get there, I'm going to tweak your titties!" Then, um, some details with regard to, um, licking and squeezing...
Opsquria: HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!! Is that all?
Duofurque: No, um..."When I'm done, Grad is going to kill you." Th-That's all.
Thank you Shonen Jump for translating such an awesome series. Now all you have to do is turn this into a totally awesome anime series with every bit of the nudity and hedonistic attitudes that is depicted in the manga.
Also, it just came to my attention that somebody IS putting together an American version of Death Note
and (surprise, surprise!) ZAC EFRON
is supposed to be playing Light! CALLED IT
!! I hear there's supposed to be some kind of petition or whatever somewhere against it, but I for one, am not signing it. I want to see what he can do with the part besides looking it. Now, if the rumors are true, I'd have to sign the petition against Miley Cyrus being Misa. I'd personally prefer either Kay Panabaker
or Brenda Song
over her. And as for L, I'm drawing a blank for choices, but the only name I can picture is Lee Thompson Young
. However, that may just be me wanting to see him in more roles.
current mood: blah
|Thursday, December 4th, 2008|
11:15 pm - Merry X-Mas to Me
|Friday, November 28th, 2008|
8:17 pm - You Asked For It
I know you're reading this, so I decided to dedicate this to you. You are an evil genius, Marcy.|
|Tuesday, November 25th, 2008|
11:54 pm - In the News...
...so now NASA is developing a way to recycle the astronauts' urine into drinking water? Oooohhhhh boy...I'm not touching that one with a 10 ft pole.|
...well, not publicly, anyway.
current mood: blah